30A is bustling like never before. The real estate market is hot. Homes are selling that had been sitting on market. Sellers are being realistic. Buyers have money. And as I mentioned before in a previous post - COVID-19 looks to be indeed causing a real estate boom here on 30A.
The Quick Stats and Important Points
- Sales are up. Properties are moving quickly. Nearly 250 properties have gone under contract this month -- +62% over last year (and last year was a good year!)
- Number of new listings that are coming on market compared to last year is the same to slightly down.
- Many sellers aren't holding for their dream #'s as much. Many adjusting their "bottom line" to market values as negotiations have trended final closing prices to around 93-95% of listing price (i.e. - 5-7% average "negotiation room"). Previously, the average was around 94-97% of listing price.
- Awesome properties are hitting the market - Here's our pick of 10 beautiful 30A properties
- Money is relatively cheap to borrow, but be prepared to put a little more $/% down as COVID-19 seems to have tightened the secondary mortgage market.
Three Patterns We are Seeing:
- An influx of buyers looking to live at the beach full-time or 6 months out of the year as they are now working remotely.
- New construction & great looking, updated, and renovated homes priced right will sell quickly.
- Luxury properties on 30A are hitting the market and selling like never before. Take a Peek at the $5m+ market on 30A Here
A few tips if you're looking to buy a home on 30A this summer or fall 2020...
#1.) Connect with us! A Live 30A agent is your friend in the 30A home buying process :)
#2.) Get prepared by connecting with a lender and/or your finance person to know for sure what you can afford - sometimes, what you can qualify for, and what you can actually afford can be a little different or muchas differente.
#3.) Grab a coffee or a drink with your spouse and do some dreaming together. Try to get on the same page on your wants, needs, favorite things and areas, and anything you can think of. Think kids, grand kids, family get togethers, rental income, favorite places to bike, lifestyle, etc.
#4.) Book a tour of properties in advance. We get calls all the time from our friends and buyers who are in town wanting to spend a day looking, but a little heads up can go a long way with our scheduling and availability of the best properties.
We hope to hear from you soon!
In the meantime, you can find our weekly favorite 30A property picks Here